Tuesday 13 November 2012

TAG: Can you admit your weaknesses?


Hi lovelies,


I think in life that it's really important to get a handle on your strengths and weaknesses. Identifying what they are and working on them is a sure fire way to success. But how comfortable are we really with identifying these things? Is it bragging to say what your strengths are? Can we really admit to our weaknesses?

Strengths
  • I am incredibly strong, I have been through a lot in my life and it has never broken me. I always get back up again. If you can think of a bad situation, a terrible situation, it's likely that it has happened to me. I must have really bad Karma from a previous life! 
  • I'm very honest - I will never bitch about you behind your back. If I have a problem, I sit down and talk to you about it and come to a resolution. I don't believe that other people getting involved is ever the right way. People always know where they stand with me. 
  • I will stand up for those who I love no matter what, even if I know they're wrong.
  • I will stand up for a cause or an opinion that I believe in - even if people disagree with me.
  • I'm quite patient with people, I can forgive.
  • I believe that hard work gets you where you want to be - and it's something I live by.


Weaknesses
  • I am incredibly strong. Sometimes with strength you become hardened; you lose some compassion for things which you don't deem to be a big deal. When in reality it is a big deal; it's a big deal to them. It's just not a big deal to you.  It's something that I work on daily and I am happy to report that I am getting much better. One of my closest friends has taught me a lot about compassion, and I'm eternally grateful to her. 
  • I'm very honest - if I think your Poncho is hideous, I will say it. This is unfortunately also applicable to the girl who has taught me a lot about compassion. Evidently my compassion for ponchos has not developed. I know you're reading this, and know I love you darling, just not the poncho <3
  • I stand up for my opinion - sometimes to the point of ridiculousness. I find it hard to back down.
  • Sometimes I judge too quickly - this is a hard one to admit. Sometimes I make snap decisions and it's not fair. Again, it's something that I'm paying attention to, because I don't think it's justifiable to do that to people. 


In the world of blogging, people try to make out that their life is perfect. They are perfect people, with the perfect boyfriend/family, the perfect home, a glittering career. But nobody is perfect, everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Can you admit to yours?

Lea
x

Don't forget to check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway HERE

Image via weheartit.com

38 comments:

  1. the point of being strong to seem or be hard is so true - i totally get that

    <3 katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one. It's a hard thing to admit I think.. x

      Delete
  2. thank you for the reminder.. i really need an inspiration right now... ! and thanks for reading my post…
    x♥x♥
    The Girl with the Muji Hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much! I'll pop over now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoy this post - it's always good to think about your own good/bad points. i have a short temper and an obsession with things being fair and balanced, which sometimes leads to arguments! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it's important to remember the good too though :) x

      Delete
  5. Great post hun. I am a very honest person and sometimes it gets me in trouble as I will just say what I think. lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling, I'm having to learn to keep quiet more often hehe x

      Delete
  6. Oh, definitely nobody is perfect, we all have weaknesses. My weakness is...shopping:) I am following you from Rome, I hope you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wasn't quite what I was getting at for weaknesses… But thanks for following me :) x

      Delete
  7. Found your amazing blog it has inspired me to start my own..... And maybe buy a few gorgeous things :-)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so wonderful! Congratulations!

      Lea x

      http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

      Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

      Delete
  8. Love this tag, might consider doing it! :) x

    I mentioned your blog in one of my blogposts some time ago, I hope it's okay and if you want to read it, here's the link: http://picturenoergaard.blogspot.dk/2012/11/my-favourite-blogs.html

    xx

    www.picturenoergaard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thankyou! I didn't realise! I'll go straight there now and check it out!

      I'd absolutely love to see if if you do this TAG, I'll keep my eyes open for it! x

      Delete
  9. Nobody is perfect and we all know that this blogs thing sometimes is a bit fake :( and yeah, I admit being weak sometimes! Great post I have to say. Have a good week Lea! kiss

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a good post! I definitely need to recognise my own strengths and weaknesses more. I think I need in general to get better at accepting criticism and trying to move on from it and learn from it without getting really offended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone reacts badly to criticism… I know I do. I have to keep myself in check when I get my dissertation back covered in red pen haha. x

      Delete
  11. This is such an awesome post, it's good to admit weaknesses but I think it's just as important to recognise your strengths : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. If you focus too much on your weaknesses you forget your strengths. :) x

      Delete
  12. Nice post. It's good to be able to admit to your weaknesses as well as your strengths. I don't think it's bragging at all - you just know what you're good at and what you're not so good at. Keep it up love. xx

    http://kkristinak.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, glad you liked it. I sure will :) x

      Delete
  13. It takes a lot to be able to recognise your weaknesses. It's the first step toward self-improvement. Great post!

    Love from South Africa

    http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you think that way too :) Thankyou for your kind comment! x

      Delete
  14. This is a great posts! It definitely takes a lot of courage to recognize your weaknesses. A lot my strengths can also translate into weaknesses. It is all about growing and learning from your experiences to make you a better person! I love how you are always looking to improve :)
    xoxo Darby
    Obviously Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with you about strengths being weaknesses. It's hard to find a balance but you always have to try :) Thankyou so much hun :) x

      Delete
  15. it takes a lot to write that stuff down but even more to put it up here for everyone to see. However, I reckon this is the best way to highlight strengths and confront the weaknesses...this post has certainly got me thinking about my own! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so good to hear! Ahh it's not so bad. I guess that my friends in real life know them, they're quite apparent. So letting you guys in on it is kind of the same thing! x

      Delete
  16. such a lovely blog! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a gorgeous blog. I love how honest this post is, and also how your strengths were sometimes also your weaknesses. I'm terrible - I don't think I'd be able to admit my weaknesses.

    I'm excited to be following!

    If you have a spare moment, maybe check out my blog? If you like it, follow back :)

    www.lestyle-reste.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, I'm glad you like it. I think that's my biggest problem, I have to learn to moderate them so they balance out. Sure, I'd love to :) x

      Delete
  18. Wow, thank you for being so open and honest and vulnerable. This is a wonderful post and really has got me thinking. I can relate to judging people too quickly.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its always a good thing to step back and evaluate, it makes us a better person :) x

      Delete
  19. Hi! Thankyou so much :) I'll pop over and check out your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post it's so honest. You're write about blogging, people can write what they want and miss out all the crap so it's refreshing to read an honest post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all human at the end of the day, and I feel like I owe you the bigger picture than just all the 'perfect' things in my life. :) x

      Delete
  21. This is a great idea...I think it's really important to take time to really know yourself and being able to share that with others shows that you are confident in who you are. I think I'll do this too ;)

    ReplyDelete