Friday 9 November 2012

What's in my bag?


Good morning darlings,

You might be surprised to find out that I don't actually have a handbag. I swap and change all the time, normally just taking my lipstick and my cards and throwing them into whatever bag takes my fancy that day. I'm not one for having that staple handbag that goes everywhere with me, I'm not sure why, I suppose I like to travel light!

This being said I do have a Uni bag, which comes with me 5 days a week and is most definitely packed to the rafters. I guess you could argue this is my handbag... 

This is what I carry with me on a daily basis. I also normally have either my iPad or the MacBook but they're both on charge at the moment.

 I love Paperchase stationery, and I have to say that I think the set I have this year is my favourite yet. My folder is divided into sections for all of my modules with a section at the back for items such as conqueror paper, envelopes and flashcards. 

 So far my diary has never ran out of battery. I hate it when I need to know what I'm doing and my iPone is either dead or doing something that takes up a long time. My academic year diary keeps me organised with lectures, seminars and all of the dates I have with friends and Alex. 

 Yes, I genuinely do keep all of my pens with their nibs pointing the same way. (How ridiculous is that?) I keep all types of pens and highlighters in one compartment, sticky notes, tabs, eraser and ruler in the other, and the middle section holds my memory stick, some stamps and paperclips.

 When it's winter I like to take soup with me to Uni. We have an area where we can heat up food so I fill the flask up and have it for my lunch. 

 My purse, of course. 

A hairbrush and an umbrella, because I live in England and you can't really go anywhere without these  two. And also my car keys. I live quite far from the University as we fell in love with a house in the suburbs of Leeds. In fairness it is only a 10 minute drive with clear traffic, but if I was taking public transport it would take me around an hour and a quarter to get in. I rent a car space privately that is just behind the law building and it's worked out great so far!

I also carry a small pouch with my 'health' essentials. Alongside my lip balms, I also carry:

 My nail file in it's protective case, and nail glue for any nail disasters during the day. 

Ibuprofen caplets, because I suffer from migraines (I hate the powdery ones, I can't get them down, they have to have the sugar coating). I normally have Nurofen Migraine, but since the ear ache I've had basic ones because I've been getting through so many of them. 
I also have the original L'Occitane hand cream, it's my all time favourite and smells like baby powder.

One of my Sweet Anthem solid perfume samples. Phoebe is my favourite but Annabelle comes in a close second. I love the fact that you can sample the fragrances before you buy - I'll be placing an order soon for a full sized Phoebe, and potentially this one too.

 And finally I have my makeup bag. I keep my daily basics in here but never anything expensive incase I lose it. As a general rule I carry Collection concealer, powder, (I wear the lightest shade in both), highlighter, blusher and lipstick.  I also have an MUA eyeshadow pallet, a Rimmel eyeliner and my Sleek Contour Kit. I really enjoy Collection for my Uni makeup bag, I find it great quality for the price and it generally does what it promises to. Best of all if it gets broken or lost it can be replaced in a pinch. 

And that's it! Sometimes I feel like my shoulder is about to fall off but at least I'm prepared.

Now I'm off (with my bag) to Uni, so I'll see you later!



Lea
x

Don't forget to check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway HERE.

28 comments:

  1. Hi Lea, thanks for the comment on my blog. If you do make the soup let me know how it turns out! I love 'what's in my bag' posts, probably because I'm a little bit nosey! ah paperchase stuff, it's all so pretty, i've so many notebooks from there!
    annie x
    cheers for the follow btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, yeah of course I will! I'm going to see if my local Sainsburys has any left on my way in to uni - I really want to give it a go!
      Hehe I love them too, although I've never done one before. Someone requested it on my giveaway so I thought I'd do my own version :) x

      Delete
  2. You do carry a lot! I love your flask and umbrella :)
    The Paperchase stuff is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit the flask is Alex's and it's not very good! Things get cold in it within an hour so I need a better (and smaller!) one. Mmm I love Paperchase, I need to go and get the lever arch file that matches my stationery hehe x

      Delete
  3. Oh I spy MUAs Undressed palette! It is my absolute favourite! Love that you keep your pens facing one side haha, I'm the same! Your hair look really nice in the last picture!

    www.nayabloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it for on the go, I find there's a load of different looks I can change my daytime makeup too if I'm on my way somewhere!
      Hehe both neat freaks then! Thanks hun :) x

      Delete
  4. haha yaaay! I was so happy to see this :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have a very reasonable bag content! And the soup is a very good idea, I always take some hot tea with me in winter to drink (and for not freezing in the library or at work).
    And I'm also a big fan of this l'occitane hand cream ;-)

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite reasonable until you add laptop, charger and the 4 library books you decide to haul home with you haha.
      It's so lovely isn't it, and it really does the job well :) x

      Delete
  6. great stuff! xx
    www.aniacyk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you carry around soup, reminds me of me and my massive flask at work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to be practical haha, it's cold out there! x

      Delete
  8. L´Occitane, <3 such a good choice dear
    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's most definitely my favourite hand cream :) x

      Delete
  9. Love the items! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    Kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually really don't use bloglovin, but if you have GFC I'd love to? x

      Delete
  10. I love these sort of posts because I'm so nosey! I love paperchase stationary too. I want everything in that shop. it's so cute how you keep all the nibs of your pens the same way! wish I was as organised as you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organised or ridiculous haha, I'm not sure which! Me too, I could spend a fortune in there! x

      Delete
  11. Great Blog. Love your pics!!!Would you like to follow each other?

    Love Nyt,
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for commenting on my blog, following you! Love the stationary!
    -Kosi
    http://onecreatesoneself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post, I like how organised you are. <3
    I'm also the same with my pencil case with having the pens all the same way xo

    http://iamncxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it seems we're a breed! I have to be organised with it all or I'd never find anything in my cavernous bag haha x

      Delete
  14. I'm the same as you I don't carry a lot of stuff around in bags but my uni bag is always pretty full! I use the same hand cream and I love it, it's the best hand cream I've ever used and I've tried a fair few! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's not even that expensive is it! x

      Delete